Over 30 Years of supporting medical research
Current active research grants. Over 2000 projects supported since 1987
Grants awarded by Rosetrees and co-donors since 1987 has led to other major funding approaching £1bn
Our research is focused on 3 key areas – risk and prevention, screening and diagnosis, and treatment of human disease. We aim to fund high-quality translational research that has a clear vision towards patient benefit.
- We currently fund projects from pre-clinical research exploring molecular mechanisms of human disease through to clinical pilot studies in patients.
- We fund early career researchers through to more senior investigators up to professors with an established track record. We work with academics, Royal Colleges, philanthropic organisations and businesses to achieve our goals.
- We meet our researchers throughout their Rosetrees-funded projects to build outstanding, long-term relationships, to improve patients' health and wellbeing.
- As well as medical research, Rosetrees supports a variety of projects that improve the lives of people in their communities. For example, where there was no centre offering advice to early-onset dementia patients and their families on legally entitled benefits, housing, and psychological support, Rosetrees has provided co-funding to set up a unique facility. The initiative was the brainchild of Professor Nick Fox, a dementia specialist at UCL.
- Rosetrees has also supported the creation of Gesher, a special needs primary school.
- We have helped fund innovative production ideas at The National Theatre.
Rosetrees Trust Interdisciplinary Award 2020 We are delighted to announce that the winners of the Rosetrees Trust Interdisciplinary Award 2020…
Professor Ravi Gupta/ Time magazine 100 most influential people in 2020 Huge congratulations to Professor Ravi Gupta who has been…