Congratulations to Dr Manju Kurian who has been awarded the 2017 Sir Jules Thorn Award for Biomedical Research. The Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust offers one grant annually of up to £1.5 million to support a programme of translational research for up to 5 years. We’re currently funding some of Dr. Kurian’s research into childhood Parkinsons dsease.
- Active lifestyles may help nerves to heal after spinal injuries
- Pioneering new treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- Leukaemia promotes premature ageing in healthy bone marrow cells
- Molecular profiling of early lung cancer lesions could lead to more rapid diagnosis and potential new treatments
- New Rosetrees Trust Funding Schemes