Congratulations to Dr Manju Kurian who has been awarded the 2017 Sir Jules Thorn Award for Biomedical Research. The Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust offers one grant annually of up to £1.5 million to support a programme of translational research for up to 5 years. We’re currently funding some of Dr. Kurian’s research into childhood Parkinsons dsease.
- Statins synergise with a MEK-inhibitor to achieve a robust anti-tumour effect
- Advancing knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease, towards novel therapies
- A faster increase in ‘CAG’ repeats tends to give rise to early onset Huntington disease
- Investigating molecular targets for auditory system regeneration
- Novel ways to identify HPV-driven head and neck cancers